Followers

Sunday 4 July 2010

"Verily, with hardship there is relief"

picture courtesy of wunderground.com

I used to be the most impatient person possible in the whole planet :)
I used to fall and wonder and complain and could not understand why things were happening to me.
Of course before Islam, I did not know what my purpose in life was. I thought that this life was the only life we had and it was only to be enjoyed.
As it says in the Qur’an Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path) [2:18]

I used to cover my ears and eyes and wonder blindly.
When I saw others in difficulty around me I used obviously to feel for them as somewhere in my heart there was compassion and love for my fellow human beings. But I also used to feel that if I hang around I would “catch” the misfortune . So I used to do what I can to help and then distance myself.
But in all, myself  and my family was the centre of my existence. I can easily call myself selfish.
Allah, showed me His signs in more than a few occasions but he also showed me His Love and Care. The only problem was, I was unable to recognize any of them.
In the course of the years I saw illnesses in myself and my family, difficult relationships, I saw a beloved parent dying, other people loved by me dying, difficult  years where I felt I was the only person who was suffering . I had nowhere to turn.
The year after I accepted Islam , I had a particularly difficult period in my life. It lasted for approximately 2 years.

Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. (2:155)
It was happening to me. Exactly as in the above Ayat. The only problem was that I was very new to Islam and I was missing this part”… but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.” (2:155)
It is was an unbelievable calamity and I am unable to discuss the details here. Myself and my family went through very difficult times emotionally and physically.
The more it went on the more I knew that it was only Allah that could help me.
If Allah helps you, no one can overcome you; if He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? In Allah, then, the believers put their trust (Qur'an 3:160)
So I turned to Allah. He heard every dua and He saw me through.
When the event came to an end as I said 2 years later I looked up towards the sky and with eyes full of tears I could only whisper” Alhamdulillah” I knew that the old me could have never coped with what had happened.


The Lessons
"Allah is sufficient for us, and He is the best Disposer of affairs. So they returned with Grace and Bounty from Allah. No harm touched them; and they followed the good Pleasure of Allah. And Allah is the owner of Great Bounty." (Qur'an 3:173-174) 

"And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed..." (Qur'an 5:23) 
"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer..." (Qur'an 2:153) 

"Verily, with hardship there is relief" (Qur'an 94:6)
 

1 comment:

Blue Pearl said...

Mash'Allah - nice post and I am so glad to hear that you are persevering through your trials and test. Surely Allah loves his believers who are patient. Keep at it!