Followers

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Between two worlds

Asalamu Alaykum to all and jazakallah for visiting :)

Before I write this post I would like to say that " I am pleased with ALLAH as my Lord, Islam as my Religion, and Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as my Prophet.

Since accepting Islam, Alhamdulillah , I have made out there a wonderful new family and friends, my brothers and sisters in Islam.

I am grateful and appreciative to every and single one of you/them who have helped me to develop in the Only Truth Faith of Islam.

I am grateful for the support  we show each other for keeping On the Straight Path.

It is only sometimes that I allow myself to look back and miss those who are no longer part of my  new life.

The heart grieves for those who no longer  share the  dreams, and the aims that will bring us to the same destination, and keep us close to Allah, The Exalted.

I have nor regrets whatsoever in my new faith. It is only that I would like for my lost friends and kin to be able to see the truth and be guided by the light of  Allah, The Most High and the Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

In the meantime I can only make dua  for their guidance.

"For those who Allah guides , No One can misguide and the for those who Allah misguides No One can guide."


Surah 14:4
And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise.


We read in a Hadith:


 'Amr b. 'As reported: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah 

(may peace be upon him) quite audibly and not secretly: Behold! the posterity of my fathers, that is, so and so, are not my friends. Verily Allah and the pious believers are my friends.  (Book #001, Hadith #0417)

and not secretly: Behold! the posterity of my fathers, that is, so and so, are not my friends
Verily Allah and the pious believers are my friends.  Sahih Muslim (Book #001, Hadith #0417)


So however the heart misses everybody , the choices are clear.


Jazakallah again for reading :) 


6 comments:

Khadijah C. said...

Assalam Alaikum Sister! =)

I agree with what you blogged about~ Indeed, the truth is hard to handle for some...

May Allah (SWT) be merciful to our love ones and guide them on the right path~

W'salam,
Khadijah C.

Anonymous said...

enjoyed reading this! interesting!

http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

MoOn said...

Alhamdulilah Allah had mercy on us to guide us to this part.
I know exactly how u feel.I wish so deeply in my heart that some people i closely know would see the true Islam and embrace it..I pray for them and my heart aches for them..
I had a colleague, he was hindu,we started working around the same time..he was sarcastic about Islam at the beginnig..but after one year ,he was a different person,,he was a clever person who read a lot about Islam and even performed fasting last year..but when he told his family about this,they threatened to take his kids' away and other harsh issues happened..so few weeks ago he had a car accident and passed away..I cried so much..not because we won't see him..but because of the idea he didnt declare Islam..I just pray to Allah that he did in his heart..And Allah most forgiving,most merciful..
sorry for my long post...

Xenia said...

@all my sisters
jazakallah. Only Allah knows what is in our hearts, our faith and our reasons.... May we all pass our tests, be forgiven and be rewarded with Jannah Firdaus.

@ MoOnSmile We will never know but ALLAH does

♥♥♥ Jazakallajh kheir

Amina said...

Asalamu aliakum, sis

Even though I don't have non-muslim family or anything, I have a few friends that I wish would take Islam more seriously, understand our din...a few of them, were very close to me, but when I saw the lifestyle they ended up choosing, we had to part our ways.

I miss them, too, as you said, but I guess all we can do is pray that Allah guides them <3

Jazaki Allah for sharing. It was very touching :)

S said...

Assalamu'alaikum!

Beautiful post. I was born and raised Muslim and when I decided to wear hijab and change my lifestyles. I saw many close family and friends distance themselves from me. But never does a day go by that you regret these changes. They may be blessings in disguise. May Allah (swt) guide our loved ones. Ameen.