Followers

Saturday 29 May 2010

It is 02.20am...


The time is 02.20am. As I am writing this post it feels as I am the only person awake..:)
My son came back from the masjid tonight, nursing a terrible migraine. Earlier in the day he had played football. I think the combination of tiredness and possible dehydration triggered off the migraine.
I felt hopeless as I could not help him in his pain except by giving him some painkillers which he promptly brought up. :(
As I was sitting in the dark ( lights off as they were causing him more pain), with him, I was getting very upset and had feelings of helplessness.
There was nobody to ask or anybody who could help to ease his terrible  pain except ALLAH.
ALLAH says in the Qur'an:
 “We sent down (reveled) of the Qur’an that which is a healing and mercy to those who believe” (Surah 17-Aya 82).
So I started reciting Surah Al-Fatiha and the last 2 Surahs of the Holy Qur'an.
[Narrated 'Aisha: Whenever Allah's Apostle became ill, he used to recite Al-Muawidhatan (i.e. the last two Suras of the Qur'an) and then blow his breath and passed his hand over himself.Book #59, Hadith #714)].
Shortly afterwards Alhamdulillah, he started feeling better or at least the pain eased off and now he is asleep.
For me is now very difficult to shake off the anxiety but Inshallah as it is nearing time for Fajr Salaah , the prayer and the new day which is just an hour or so away will disperse the shadows of this uncomfortable night.
Jazakallah for reading
Wa salam



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... Inshallah all will be well soon :)
JazakAllah for the story :)

MoOn said...

"وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ ۙ وَلَا يَزِيدُ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلَّا خَسَارًا"

"We send down in the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss"

Quran (Al Israa 111:82)

Al hamdulilah your son felt better.