Followers

Monday 10 May 2010

Simple tastes!


Asalamu Alaykum

I have a confession to make.I seem to be the only one in our family whose favourite dish is ... guess what!

Lentils and Rice. Plain , simple and heart warming. LOL

I usually ask the children what they would like for dinner. Sometimes like today I just take the initiative.LOL

As the pots are simmering and the aroma is drifting towards my study, I prepare myself for a little confrontation...

" Mum! You know we do not like this... especially with no chicken or meat ... not again! "

I can assure you I do not indulge myself very often. But it is good sometimes to have a break from all the meat dishes. Just for a day. So I chose today.

Lentils contain high levels of protein, minerals, fibre, iron and so on.

I really  like the comforting taste especially on a grey day like today.

But at the end, they still appreciate the food!

Alhamdulillah


4 comments:

MoOn said...

Yummy,it is one of my favourites too!...Kids don't find it an interesting dish either,& I don't mind it without meat/chicken or fish.Well, I guess we r similar on that LOL.You made me feel Hungry now :)

Rene´s Bare Essentials said...

lentils and rice is my favorite dish as well! I especially love yellow lentils. My favorite is (daal) an Indian dish made of lentils and rice.

Amina said...

wa'alykum as salam wa rhmat Allah wa barkatoo,

This is such a cute post! You deserve to indulge yourself :D

I like lentil soup with rice. It's so yum. We make it especially during Ramadan :D

NeverEver said...

Ohhhhhh I love lentils. I like to eat them with cornbread actually. So so tasty!