Followers

Saturday 17 April 2010

Sometimes is hard to describe the feelings...


Asalamu Alaykum

This must be the 4th time I started writing this post. 

Though I have a lot in mind, I have great difficulty in expressing my feelings just now. I feel very sad. But this is an understatement.

As a parent I feel the pain of  those "other parents".   I will explain shortly.

My mind keeps on going back  to the days when I was expecting my children, the dreams, the anticipation, the excitement, the first time when you hold this new life in your arms and gaze in their innocent eyes.

The sleepless nights, the first steps, the first words. And then the first day in school," big school ", college.... 

And for some the dream gets interrupted and life is not the same again. 

This is what happened recently in our community.

A knife crime that resulted in the loss of a beautiful girl and the total devastation of he family.

" Inna Ilahi wa inna Ilayhi Raji'oun"


Yesterday was the funeral.


Though I did not personally know Aliza or the family I have been greatly affected. :(

Please make dua for Aliza, her devastated parents, siblings and young friends.

Time is too slow for those who wait, Too swift for those who fea,r Too long for those who grieve, Too short for those who rejoice But, for those who love –Time is eternity

Please  give your kids an extra cuddle tonight!

In a hadith we read that the Prophet (salallaahu alaihi wa sallaam)  has said: " "Verily my eyes shed tears and my heart is afflicted, and I say nothing but what is pleasing to my Lord".







No comments: