Followers

Tuesday 13 April 2010

The difference 10 years make!








Asalamu Alaykum :)
Today I will be renewing all our passports.
A task I have been putting off for the past year or so.
Tedious but absolutely necessary " in case of emergencies" as I say. Needs to be done kind of thing.
But this is not why I am writing this post.
The shock, "rests" with my passport picture.
I usually do not do photos, unless absolutely necessary as I had to today.
I nearly did not recognise the stranger looking back at me.
My 10 years ago passport picture,  is light and cheerful and smiles back at me.
Today's photo is a lot different.
It is not only a matter of age. Of course the face shows the passing of the past 10 years.
It is the expression. Why do I look so serious, remote and so distant???
Of course a lot has happened in the past 10 years.
Good and bad and Alhamdulillah, for having the opportunity to live through the years and Alahmdulillah  for getting  to know Islam.
 Thinking deeply about it I think this is it:
That I finally realised that life is not for ever, and my purpose though multiple is Mainly and Foremost to worship Allah (swt). I have finally  realised that I am only a traveller and for where I am heading, good deeds are required but  no passport is necessary.


Wa Alaykum Salam





.


No comments: