Followers

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Forgiveness

From the Book " You can be the Happiest Woman in the World" page 20


[Remember that Your Lord Forgives those who ask Him for forgiveness, and He accepts the repetance of those who repent, and He accepts those who come back to Him.]

This brings to mind a beautiful Hadith Qudsi where Allah (swt) says:

"I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm’s length, I draw near to him a fathom’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: ‘I am as My servant expects Me to be.’ The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.
It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

Conclusion: So lets think of and draw close to our Most Merciful,Most Compassionate Lord and ask Him for His Forgiveness. He is always ready to Forgive us providing we are sincere in our repentance and we abstain from sin.
Jazak Allah Kheir
Xenia

No comments: